This is going to be an aggressively opinionated post.
Here is a photo of a beautiful man. His name is Sam Claflin and he is an actor. He has been cast to play Finnick Odair in the Hunger Games. Finnick, as described in the books, is one of the most beautiful/hot characters in all the stories. Like, he’s ten times hotter than Peeta and Gale, and even Your Royal Highness Katniss. He’s hot stuff.
When we read the books, we create images of how characters are supposed to look in our head, based on the descriptions the author gives us; it’s part of the fun. So if they decide to make a movie adaptation of the books, they have to find actors to play the characters. The characters are /never/ going to look exactly as you imagined them when played in real life. They might resemble them but the truth is, the director cannot generate an image to tailor your view of them, which is very different to the view of the person sitting beside you.
I was on Tumblr the other night and I saw people making comments about Sam Claflin. Yes, I know people are allowed their own opinions but this was just too far.
"The most attractive dude in panem…allegedly."
"i am so offended by how damn ugly this dude is omfg."
"i actually cant believe they expect people to think this is attractive."
"this is some soggy ass cereal bullshit where is my balanced breakfast."
This is actually horrible. Sam Claflin is a real person. No need to insult him simply because he doesn’t meet your requirements for a character. Often, actors are chosen because they can /act/ the character convincingly, not because they look like the exact spitting image of the description.
- nineawesomelane likes this
- chekovdidyoubreakmyship likes this
- sweet-bloood reblogged this from livin-ma-life
- equius-zahhak likes this
- livin-ma-life reblogged this from the-good-captain
- maddiehuffle likes this
- bumperchute-cabbagepatch reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- jolly-sammy-winchester reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- the-good-captain reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- alice-is-in-w0nderland reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- ilpbones likes this
- almost-mccoy likes this
- notamiracleworker reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- ofstarfleets reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- lolipopgorgeousbeauty likes this
- little-ms-marilyn reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- land-of-the-second-star likes this
- idlovetostaybutimustache likes this
- wheresfinnickodairs reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- wheresfinnickodairs likes this
- biebernavykillz reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- snfan likes this
- odairodestacresta reblogged this from ofstarfleets and added:
- odairodestacresta likes this
- redheadinhiding reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- littleshadowhunter97 likes this
- lesmis-kitcat-downtherabbithole likes this
- dolorehaze likes this
- ssoveia likes this
- katie-odair likes this
- sabaceanbabe likes this
- altpunkdisneyprincess reblogged this from ofstarfleets and added:
- altpunkdisneyprincess likes this
- afairypotterheadtribute likes this
- cool-bubbleblue reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- cool-bubbleblue likes this
- helloxgenesis likes this
- helloxgenesis reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- ofmischiefandtrickery reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- assbuttunderthemountain said:What? People think he’s ugly? When I saw a picture of him as Finnick I was all like “Yes, yes.. You would do nicely in my bed.”
- jackdaniels-and-orangejuice likes this
- daion1 likes this
- its-like-in-the-great-stories likes this
- this-is-not-a-witty-url likes this
- tanbot likes this
- thekingsofdeduction reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- littlepumpkinlamp reblogged this from ofstarfleets
- woofimaduck reblogged this from ofstarfleets